§ 23-17.12-4. Application process. [Repealed effective January 1, 2018.].
(a) An applicant requesting certification or recertification shall:
(1) Submit an application provided by the director; and
(2) Pay the application fee established by the director through regulation and § 23-17.12-3(f).
(b) The application shall:
(1) Be on a form and accompanied by supporting documentation that the director requires; and
(2) Be signed and verified by the applicant.
(c) Before the certificate expires, a certificate may be renewed for an additional two (2) years.
(d) If a completed application for recertification is being processed by the department, a certificate may be continued until a renewal determination is made.
(e) In conjunction with the application, the review agent shall submit information that the director requires including:
(1) A request that the state agency regard specific portions of the standards and criteria or the entire document to constitute "trade secrets" within the meaning of that term in § 38-2-2(4)(i)(B);
(2) The policies and procedures to ensure that all applicable state and federal laws to protect the confidentiality of individual medical records are followed;
(3) A copy of the materials used to inform enrollees of the requirements under the health benefit plan for seeking utilization review or pre-certification and their rights under this chapter, including information on appealing adverse determinations;
(4) A copy of the materials designed to inform applicable patients and providers of the requirements of the utilization review plan;
(5) A list of the third party payors and business entities for which the review agent is performing utilization review in this state and a brief description of the services it is providing for each client; and
(6) Evidence of liability insurance or of assets sufficient to cover potential liability.
(f) The information provided must demonstrate that the review agent will comply with the regulations adopted by the director under this chapter.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 398, § 1; P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 40, § 65; P.L. 1996, ch. 139, § 1.; P.L. 1999, ch. 222, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 512, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 184, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 238, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 221, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 355, § 1.)