§ 23-17.4-16.2 Special care unit and limited health services disclosure by residences.
(a) Any assisted living residence which offers to provide or provides services to residents with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia by means of an Alzheimer's special care unit and/or limited health services shall be required to disclose the type of services provided, in addition to those services required by the rules and regulations for the licensing of assisted living residences. Disclosures shall be made to the licensing agency and to any person seeking placement in an Alzheimer's special care unit and/or any person receiving limited health services from an assisted living residence. The information disclosed shall explain that additional care is provided in each of the following areas:
(1) Philosophy. The Alzheimer's special care unit and/or delivery of limited health services shall develop a written statement of its overall philosophy and mission which reflects the needs of residents afflicted with dementia and/or needing limited health services.
(2) Pre-occupancy, occupancy, and termination of residence. The process and criteria for occupancy, transfer, or termination of residency from the unit and/or the termination of limited health services.
(3) Assessment, service planning, and implementation. The process used for assessment and establishing the plan of service and its implementation, including the method by which the plan of service evolves and is responsive to changes in condition.
(4) Staffing patterns and training ratios. Staff training and continuing education practices.
(5) Physical environment. The physical environment and design features appropriate to support the functioning of cognitively impaired adult residents.
(6) Resident activities. The frequency and types of resident activities.
(7) Family role in providing support and services. The involvement in families and family support programs.
(8) Program costs. The cost of care and any additional fees.
(b) The licensing agency shall develop a standard disclosure form and shall review the information provided on the disclosure form by the residential care and assisted living facility to verify the accuracy of the information reported on it. Any significant changes in the information provided by the residential care and assisted living facility will be reported to the licensing agency at the time the changes are made.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 237, § 4; P.L. 1993, ch. 264, § 4; P.L. 2002, ch. 157, § 1; P.L. 2002, ch. 158, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 294, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 379, § 1.)