§ 23-17.9-8 Disciplinary proceedings.
The department may suspend or revoke any certificate of registration issued under this chapter or may reprimand, censure, or otherwise discipline or may deny an application for registration in accordance with the provisions of this section upon decision and after a hearing as provided by chapter 35 of title 42, as amended, in any of the following cases:
(1) Upon proof that the nursing assistant is unfit or incompetent by reason of negligence, habits, or other causes;
(2) Upon proof that the nursing assistant has violated any of the provisions of this chapter or the rules enacted in accordance with this chapter; or acted in a manner inconsistent with the health and safety of the patients of the home in which he or she is providing nursing assistant services;
(3) Upon proof that the nursing assistant has been convicted in a court of competent jurisdiction, either within or without this state, of a felony;
(4) Otherwise violate any of the provisions of this chapter;
(5) Has engaged in conduct detrimental to the health, welfare and safety of patients/residents in his or her care;
(6) Any other causes that may be set forth in regulations promulgated under this chapter.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 564, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 435, § 2.)