§ 23-18.17-1 Purpose.
The purposes of this act are:
(1) To establish a safe and environmentally sound used cooking oil collection initiative in Rhode Island that covers all commercial facilities that generate used cooking oil in the state;
(2) To promote the recycling of used cooking oil;
(3) To develop a strategy for waste reduction in the state with the participation of procedures, processors and consumers;
(4) To eliminate the dumping of used cooking oil in landfills and down sewer drains in order to minimize sewer damage and maintenance costs and extend the capacity of landfills; and
(5) To promote the creation of green jobs.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 335, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 371, § 1.)