§ 23-19.14-2. Declaration of policy.
It shall be the policy of this state to assure that:
(1) Activities are taken to control and eliminate contamination at industrial properties that are fair, consistent, and compatible with the current and reasonably foreseeable future use of the property;
(2) Environmental barriers to economic redevelopment and beneficial reuse of contaminated properties are removed;
(3) Opportunities are available for businesses to realistically manage their environmental liabilities;
(4) Voluntary and cooperative clean-up actions are encouraged to the greatest extent possible; and
(5) Processes for environmental clean-up and liability relief are effective and efficient and minimize transaction costs to the extent reasonably feasible in order to facilitate appropriate reuse of contaminated properties.
(P.L. 1995, ch. 187, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 250, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 275, § 1.)