§ 23-23.6-2 Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of health.
(2) "Director" means the director of health, or his or her designee.
(3) "Ice arena" means any building with a roof and partially or fully enclosed sides which contains an ice rink.
(4) "Operator" means the person designated by the owner as responsible for the day to day operation of the ice arena.
(5) "Owner" means the person having legal title to property and/or buildings. For purposes of publicly owned property only, the owner shall be defined to be the chief executive officer of the state or municipal agency which owns, leases or controls the use of the property.
(6) "Person" means any individual, corporation, partnership, firm, association, trust, estate, public or private institution, group, agency, political subdivision of this state, and other state or political subdivision or agency, and the legal successor, representative, agent, or agency of the foregoing.
(7) "Resurfacing machine" means any internal combustion engine-powered machine used for modifying the ice rink surface.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 312, § 1.)