§ 23-24.2-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Article of wearing apparel" means any costume or article of clothing worn or intended to be worn by individuals.
(2) "Attorney general" means the attorney general of the state.
(3) "Commerce" means the advertising, offering for sale, sale, or distribution of any services and any property, tangible or intangible, real, personal or mixed, and any other article, commodity, or thing of value wherever situate, and shall include any trade or commerce directly or indirectly affecting the people of the state.
(4) "Deceptive Trade Practices Act" means chapter 13.1 of title 6.
(5) "Fabric" means any material (except fiber, filament, or yarn from other than retail sale) woven, knitted, felted, or produced from or in combination with any natural or synthetic fiber, film, or substitute for it which is intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in any product as defined in subdivision (8).
(6) "Interior furnishing" means any type of furnishing made in whole or in part of fabric or related material and intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in homes, offices, or other places of assembly or accommodation.
(7) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other form of business enterprise.
(8) "Product" means any article of wearing apparel or interior furnishing.
(9) "Related material" means paper, plastic, rubber, synthetic film, or synthetic foam which is intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in any product as defined in subdivision (8).
(P.L. 1977, ch. 90, § 2; G.L. 1956, § 23-38.3-2; P.L. 1979, ch. 39, § 1.)