§ 23-25-24. Cooperation with other agencies.
The director may cooperate, receive grants-in-aid, and enter into cooperative agreements or contracts with any agency of the federal government, of this state and its subdivisions, or with any agency of another state, in order to:
(1) Secure uniformity of regulations;
(2) Enter into cooperative agreements with the EPA to register pesticides under the authority of this chapter and FIFRA;
(3) Cooperate in the enforcement of the federal pesticide control laws through the use of state and/or federal personnel and facilities to implement cooperative enforcement programs, including, but not limited to, the registration and inspection of establishments;
(4) Develop and administer state plans for training and for certification of applicators consistent with federal standards;
(5) Contract for training with other agencies for the purpose of training applicators to be certified or licensed;
(6) Contract for monitoring pesticides for the national plan;
(7) Prepare, submit, and maintain state plans to meet federal certification standards, as provided for in § 4 of FIFRA, 7 U.S.C. § 136i(a) to (c); and
(8) Regulate certified and licensed applicators.
(P.L. 1976, ch. 191, § 2; G.L. 1956, § 23-41.1-24; P.L. 1979, ch. 39, § 1.)