§ 23-27.3-102.0 Ordinary repairs.
(a) Ordinary repairs to buildings and structures may be made without application or notice to the building official, but the repairs shall not include:
(1) The installation of any siding;
(2) The cutting away of any wall, partition or portion of the wall;
(3) The removal or cutting away of any structural beam or bearing support;
(4) The removal or change of any required means of egress;
(5) Rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the exitway requirements;
(6) Alteration of, replacement or relocation of any standard pipe, water supply, sewer, drainage, drain leader, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping;
(7) Electric wiring;
(8) Mechanical or other work which affects public health, safety or welfare.
(b) All work not classified as ordinary repair shall comply with the rules and regulations or ordinances of the municipality as to the procurement of a permit for these repairs.
(P.L. 1976, ch. 256, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 164, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 415, § 19.)