§ 23-27.3-128.2.2 Responsibilities.
A professional engineering or registered architect on behalf of the owner shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Review of the shop drawings, samples, and other submittals of the contractor as required by the construction contract documents submitted for permit and approval for conformance to the design concept.
(2) All change orders to the contract documents shall be submitted to the building official after approval by the professional engineer or registered architect.
(3) Review and approval of the testing procedures listed in § 23-27.3-128.4 and appendix A. The engineer or architect shall notify the owner, building official, and contractor of the results of all tests and the required corrective measures which need to be taken.
(4) Insure special engineering or architectural inspection of critical construction components requiring controlled materials, or construction specified in the accepted engineering practice standards as listed in appendix A.
(5) The professional engineer or registered architect or his or her representative shall provide the necessary professional services and be present on the construction site on a regular and periodic basis to determine that, generally, the work is proceeding in accordance with the documents approved for the permit.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 222, § 2.)