§ 23-28.28-5 Permit to possess explosives.
(a) Application for a permit to possess explosives, other than empty cartridge shells (primed), percussion caps, small arms ammunition, small arms primers and smokeless powder for small arms, or black powder in excess of five (5) pounds shall be made in writing to the state fire marshal in such form as the state fire marshal shall prescribe and shall state among other things:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The reason for desiring the permit to possess explosives;
(3) The applicant's citizenship, if the applicant is an individual;
(4) If the applicant is a partnership, the names and addresses of the partners and their citizenship; and
(5) If the applicant is a corporation or other business entity, the names and addresses of the officers thereof and their citizenship.
(b) The state fire marshal shall issue the permit applied for unless he or she finds that either the applicant or the officers, agents, or employees of the applicant have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude, or is disloyal to the United States, and, provided, further, that no permit shall be issued to any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years of age.
(c) Provided, however, that if the applicant holds a valid permit from the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, and firearms of the department of treasury, then the state fire marshal may issue a permit to possess explosives.
(P.L. 1979, ch. 313, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 542, § 61.)