§ 23-28.4-1 Definitions.
The following terms when used in this chapter shall have the meanings herein ascribed:
(1) Employee means a person involved in performing the duties and responsibilities of a fire department, under the auspices of the organization. A fire department employee may be a full-time, or part-time, or volunteer employee, may occupy any position or rank within the fire department, and may or may not engage in emergency operations.
(2) Employer means any person who has one or more employees, but does not include the United States. A fire district shall be considered an employer.
(3) Fire department means an organization providing rescue, fire suppression, and related activities.
(4) NFPA means national fire protection association.
(5) Provide means to furnish, supply, or to make arrangements for full monetary reimbursement.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 542, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 172, § 1.)