§ 23-28.6-22 Nightclubs.
Every special amusement building concentrated occupancy place of assembly nightclub as defined in § 23-28.1-5 shall comply with the following requirements, consistent with requirements related thereto established by the Fire Safety Code Board of Appeal and Review and the state fire marshal. All such buildings shall:
(1) Have fire alarms that are municipally connected for occupancies of one hundred fifty (150) or greater and for all Class A and B places of assembly by July 1, 2004. These fire alarm systems shall be tested no less than quarterly.
(2) Have sprinklers in Class C places of assembly of one hundred fifty (150) or greater with an occupancy load of one hundred fifty (150) up to three hundred (300) people by July 1, 2006 and in Class A and B places of assembly with an occupancy load of greater than three hundred (300) people by July 1, 2005; provided, however, that this requirement shall not apply to fully alarmed buildings used exclusively as places of worship.
(3) Have alarm systems sound and upon the actuation of any smoke detector or fire alarm, have emergency lighting or other appropriate lighting activate, and require that any conflicting sounds or visuals cease, by February 20, 2004.
(4) Have two (2) fire extinguishers, which shall be at least twenty (20) pounds or such other size as may be established as appropriate by the Fire Safety Code Board of Appeal and Review, in each stage area, by February 20, 2004.
(5) Have floor proximity exit signs for all occupancies greater than one hundred fifty (150) by February 20, 2005.
(6) Provide an audible announcement of the location of emergency exits prior to each act or set.
(7) Have an emergency plan for the premises, approved by a fire marshal and consistent with rules established by the Fire Safety Code Board of Appeal a person on duty or a crowd manager on duty, who has been trained by the fire marshal with regard to the emergency plan and basic crowd management techniques by October 1, 2004. This requirement shall be in addition to the requirement for a detail fire fighter.
(P.L. 2003, ch. 106, § 8; P.L. 2003, ch. 107, § 8; P.L. 2004, ch. 220, § 7; P.L. 2004, ch. 225, § 7; P.L. 2012, ch. 415, § 24.)