Health and Safety
R.I. Gen. Laws § 23-3-28
§ 23-3-28. Penalties.
(a) (1) Any person who willfully and knowingly makes any false statement in a report, record, or certificate required to be filed under this chapter, or in an application for an amendment of those, or who willfully and knowingly supplies false information intending that this false information be used in the preparation of any report, record, or certificate, or amendment; or
(2) Any person who without lawful authority and with the intent to deceive, makes, alters, amends, or mutilates any report, record, or certificate required to be filed under this chapter or a certified copy of any report, record, or certificate; or
(3) Any person who willfully and knowingly uses or attempts to use, or furnish to another for use, for any purpose of deception, any certificate, record, report, or certified copy thereof so made, altered, amended, or mutilated; or
(4) Any person who with the intention to deceive willfully uses or attempts to use any certificate of birth or certified copy of a record of birth knowing that the certificate or certified copy was issued upon a record which is false in whole or in part or which relates to the birth of another person; or
(5) Any person who willfully and knowingly furnishes a certificate of birth or a certified copy of a record of birth with the intention that it be used by a person other than the person to whom the record of birth relates;
Shall be punished by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
(b) (1) Any person who knowingly transports and accepts for transportation, interment, or other disposition a dead body without an accompanying permit as provided in this chapter; or
(2) Any person who refuses to provide information required by this chapter; or
(3) Any person who willfully neglects or violates any of the provisions of this chapter or refuses to perform any of the duties imposed upon him by this chapter;
Shall be punished by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100) or be imprisoned for not more than thirty (30) days, or by both fine and imprisonment.
History of Section.
G.L. 1896, ch. 100, § 13; G.L. 1909, ch. 121, § 13; P.L. 1921, ch. 2096, § 5; G.L. 1923, ch. 166, § 12; G.L. 1938, ch. 268, § 11; G.L. 1956, § 23-3-14; G.L., § 23-3-28; P.L. 1961, ch. 87, § 1.