§ 23-60-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Consumer" means an individual who purchases a vehicle battery for use, consumption, or any use other than resale;
(2) "Dealer" means every person in this state who engages in the sale of vehicle batteries;
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of environmental management;
(4) "Distributor" means every person who engages in the sale of vehicle batteries to a dealer in this state including any manufacturer who engages in such sales;
(5) "Manufacturer" means a person who manufactures vehicle batteries;
(6) "Person" means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, or organization of any kind whatsoever;
(7) "Vehicle" means every vehicle which is self-propelled and designed for carrying persons or property or which is used for the transportation of persons, including, but not limited to, buses, automobiles, truck, boats, motorcycles, farm, lawn and garden equipment, and snowmobiles;
(8) "Vehicle battery" means batteries used in any vehicle, or of a capacity of six (6) volts or more, and of one hundred fifty (150) pounds or less in weight, and like batteries in stationary uses.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 325, § 1; P.L. 1988, ch. 254, § 1; P.L. 2000, ch. 179, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 415, § 26.)