§ 23-75-2. Definitions.
In this chapter:
(1)(i) "Children's product" means a product, including, but not limited to, a full-size crib, non-full-size crib, toddler bed, bed, car seat, chair, high chair, booster chair, hook-on chair, bath seat, gate or other enclosure for confining a child, play yard, stationary activity center, carrier, stroller, walker, or infant or baby swing, that meets the following criteria:
(A) The product is designed or intended for the care of, or use by, children under six (6) years of age or is designed or intended for the care of, or use by, both children under six (6) years of age and children six (6) years of age or older; and
(B) The product is designed or intended to come into contact with the child while the product is used.
(ii) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, a product is not a "children's product" for purposes of this chapter if:
(A) It may be used by or for the care of a child under six (6) years of age, but it is designed or intended for use by the general population or segments of the general population and not solely or primarily for use by or the care of a child; or
(B) It is a medication, drug, or food or is intended to be ingested.
(2) "Commercial user" means any person who deals in children's products or who otherwise by one's occupation holds oneself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to children's products, or any person who is in the business of remanufacturing, retrofitting, selling, leasing, subletting, or otherwise placing in the stream of commerce children's products.
(3) "Person" means a natural person, firm, corporation, limited liability company, or association, or an employee or agent of a natural person or an entity included in this definition.
(4) "Infant" means any person less than thirty-five (35) inches tall and less than three (3) years of age.
(5) "Crib" means a bed or containment designed to accommodate an infant.
(6) "Full-size crib" means a full-size crib as defined in 16 CFR 1508.3 regarding the requirements for full-size cribs.
(7) "Non-full-size crib" means a non-full-size crib as defined in 16 CFR 1509.2 regarding the requirements for non-full-size cribs.
(8) "Place in the stream of commerce" means to sell, offer for sale, give away, offer to give away, or allow the use of.
(9) "Child day care center" means any person, firm, corporation, association or agency who, on a regular or irregular basis, receives any child under the age of sixteen (16) years, for the purpose of care and/or supervision, not in a home or residence, apart from his or her parent or guardian for any part of a twenty-four (24) hour day irrespective of compensation or reward. It shall include child care programs that are offered to employees at the worksite. It does not include nursery schools or other programs of educational services subject to approval by the commissioner of education.
(P.L. 2002, ch. 410, § 1.)