§ 23-90-1. Purpose.
The purposes of this chapter are:
(1) To establish a system for the collection, recycling, and reuse for discarded mattresses in Rhode Island.
(2) To develop a comprehensive strategy, with the participation of state agencies, producers, retailers, and consumers for waste prevention and reduction of discarded mattresses in the state, which addresses the collection, recycling and reuse of mattresses in a safe and environmentally sound manner;
(3) To promote the development of infrastructure for the reuse and recycling of discarded mattresses;
(4) To minimize costs incurred by Rhode Island municipalities to collect, dispose of, or recycle mattresses discarded by residents; and
(5) To eliminate waste generated in the state from the disposal of discarded mattresses from landfill and other forms of disposal.
History of Section.
P.L. 2013, ch. 281, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 423, § 1.