§ 23-92-1 Military spouse licensure.
(a) Each health related board shall establish a procedure to expedite the issuance of a license, certification or permit to perform professional services regulated by each such board to a person:
(1) Who is certified or licensed in another state to perform professional services in a state other than Rhode Island;
(2) Whose spouse is a member of the armed forces of the United States;
(3) Whose spouse is the subject of a military transfer to Rhode Island; and
(4) Who left employment to accompany the person's spouse to Rhode Island.
(b) The procedure shall include:
(1) Issuing the person a license, certificate or permit, if, in the opinion of the board, the requirements for certification or licensure of such other state are substantially equivalent to that required in this state; or
(2) Developing a method to authorize the person to perform professional services regulated by the board in this state by issuing the person a temporary permit for a limited period of time to allow the person to perform professional services while completing any specific requirements that may be required in this state that were not required in the state in which the person was licensed or certified.
(P.L. 2013, ch. 287, § 4; P.L. 2013, ch. 386, § 4.)