Claim Adjusters

SECTION 27-10-7.1

§ 27-10-7.1. Nonresident license reciprocity.

(a) Unless denied licensure, a nonresident person shall receive a nonresident adjuster license if:

(1) The person is currently licensed as a resident adjuster and is in good standing in his or her home state;

(2) The person has submitted the proper request for licensure and has paid the fees required by § 27-10-3(a)(6);

(3) The person has submitted or transmitted to the department the appropriate, completed application for licensure for the equivalent type of license and lines of authority; and

(4) The person's home state awards non-resident adjuster licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.

(b) The insurance commissioner may verify the adjuster's licensing status through the database maintained by the NAIC, its affiliates, or subsidiaries.

(c) As a condition to continuation of an adjuster license issued under this section, the licensee shall maintain a resident adjuster license in his or her home state. The non-resident adjuster license issued under this section shall terminate and be surrendered immediately if the home state adjuster license terminates for any reason, unless the adjuster has been issued a license as a resident adjuster in his or her new home state. Notification to any state where a non-resident license is issued must be made as soon as possible, yet no later than thirty (30) days of change in new state resident license. The licensee shall include new and old addresses in the notification to the department. A new state resident license is required for non-resident licenses to remain valid. The new state resident license must have reciprocity with the licensing non-resident state(s) for the non-resident license not to terminate.

History of Section.
(P.L. 2014, ch. 107, § 2; P.L. 2014, ch. 195, § 2.)