§ 27-13.1-2. Definitions.
The following terms, as used in this chapter, shall have the respective meanings hereinafter set forth:
(1) "Company" means a person engaging in or proposing or attempting to engage in any transaction or kind of insurance or surety business and any person or group of persons who may otherwise be subject to the administrative, regulatory or taxing authority of the director;
(2) "Department" means the department of business regulation;
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of business regulation of this state or his or her designee;
(4) "Examiner" means an individual or firm having been authorized by the director to conduct an examination or financial analysis under this chapter;
(5) "Insurer" means any insurance company doing business in this state; and
(6) "Person" means an individual, aggregation of individuals, trust, association, partnership or corporation, or any affiliate thereof.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 445, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 301, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 302, § 1.)