§ 27-18-2 Form of policy.
No policy of accident and sickness insurance shall be delivered or issued for delivery to any person in this state unless:
(1) The entire money and other considerations for it are expressed in the policy;
(2) The time at which the insurance takes effect and terminates is expressed in the policy;
(3) It purports to insure only one person, except that a policy may insure, originally or by subsequent amendment, upon the application of an adult member of a family who shall be deemed the policyholder, any two (2) or more eligible members of that family, including husband, wife, dependent children or any children under a specified age which shall not exceed nineteen (19) years, and any other person dependent upon the policyholder;
(4) The style, arrangement, and overall appearance of the policy give no undue prominence to any portion of the text, and unless every printed portion of the text of the policy and of any endorsements or attached papers is plainly printed in light faced type of a style in general use, the size of which shall be uniform and not less than ten-point with a lower case unspaced alphabet length not less than one hundred and twenty (120) point; the "text" shall include all printed matter except the name and address of the insurer, name or title of the policy, the brief description if any, and captions and subcaptions;
(5) The exceptions and reductions of indemnity are set forth in the policy and, except those which are set forth in §§ 27-18-3 27-18-10 are printed, at the insurer's option, either included with the benefit provision to which they apply, or under an appropriate caption such as "EXCEPTIONS," or "EXCEPTIONS AND REDUCTIONS"; provided, that if an exception or reduction specifically applies only to a particular benefit of the policy, a statement of the exception or reduction shall be included with the benefit provision to which it applies;
(6) Each form, including riders and endorsements, shall be identified by a form number in the lower left-hand corner of the first page of the form; and
(7) It contains no provision purporting to make any portion of the charter, rules, constitution, or bylaws of the insurer a part of the policy unless the portion is set forth in full in the policy, except in the case of the incorporation of, or reference to, a statement of rates or classification of risks, or short rate table filed with the insurance commissioner, referred to in this chapter as "the commissioner."
(P.L. 1956, ch. 3808, § 2; G.L. 1956, § 27-18-2.)