§ 27-19.2-3 Mission statement contents.
All nonprofit hospital and/or medical service corporations and any affiliate or subsidiary of such corporation shall on or before December 31, 2004 have a declared and published mission statement identifying the purposes of said nonprofit as including:
(1) To provide affordable and accessible health insurance to insureds, including those persons insured by an affiliate or subsidiary of said plan;
(2) To assist and support public and private health care initiatives for individuals without health care insurance;
(3) To promote integration, efficiency and coherence of a statewide health care system that meets the needs of all Rhode Island residents;
(4) To contribute through its operations, procedures and investments to the improvement of medical and prevention services delivered in Rhode Island; and
(5) To provide affordable and accessible health insurance to a comprehensive range of consumers, including business owners, employees and unemployed individuals.
(P.L. 2004, ch. 330, § 2; P.L. 2004, ch. 567, § 2.)