§ 27-20.4-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meaning:
(1) "Director" means the director of the department of business regulation;
(2) "Individual contract" means any health benefit contract that is not a group contract;
(3) "Insurer" means every medical service corporation, hospital service corporation, health maintenance organization licensed under chapter 41 of this title or as defined in § 42-62-4, or insurance company offering and/or insuring health services;
(4) "Late enrollee" means a person who requests enrollment in a group plan following the initial enrollment period provided under the terms of the plan, except that a person is not a late enrollee if:
(i) The request for enrollment is made within thirty (30) days after the termination of coverage under a prior contract or policy and the individual did not request coverage initially under the succeeding contract because that individual was covered under a prior contract and coverage under that contract ceased due to termination of employment, death of a spouse, or divorce; or
(ii) A court has ordered that coverage be provided for a spouse or minor child under a covered employee's plan and the request for coverage is made within thirty (30) days after issuance of the court order;
(5) "Prior contract" means the group or individual health benefit contract or health benefit plan that previously covered the person;
(6) "Replacement contract" means a total group health benefit contract which replaces another total group health benefit contract;
(7) "Succeeding contract" means the group health benefit contract under which the person is seeking coverage or a different health benefit plan under the same group health benefit contract; and
(8) "Total group contract" means a health benefit contract for the coverage of all eligible members of the employer health plan.
(P.L. 1991, ch. 321, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 387, § 1.)