§ 27-25-4. Definitions.
Whenever used in this chapter:
(1) "Benefit contract" means the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by § 27-25-16, as that agreement is described in § 27-25-19(a);
(2) "Benefit member" means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract;
(3) "Certificate" means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract;
(4) "Laws" means the society's articles of incorporation, constitution, and by-laws, however designated;
(5) "Lodge" means subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, branches, or by any other designation;
(6) "Premiums" means premiums, rates, dues, or other required contributions by whatever name known, which are payable under the certificate;
(7) "Rules" means all rules, regulations, or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society; and
(8) "Society" means fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 201, § 2.)