§ 27-4.6-1 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Adjusted RBC report" means an RBC report adjusted by the commissioner in accordance with § 27-4.6-2(e).
(2) "Corrective order" means an order issued by the commissioner specifying corrective actions that the commissioner has determined are required.
(3) "Domestic insurer" means any insurance company domiciled in this state.
(4) "Foreign insurer" means any insurance company licensed to do business in this state under chapter 2 of this title but is not domiciled in this state.
(5) "Life and/or health insurer" means any insurance company licensed under chapters 1 or 2 of this title and: (i) authorized to transact the business of life insurance or annuities as defined in chapter 4 of this title, or (ii) authorized to write policies of accident and sickness as defined in § 27-18-1, or (iii) a licensed property and casualty insurer writing only accident and health insurance.
(6) "NAIC" means the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(7) "Negative trend" means, with respect to a life and/or health insurer, negative trend over a period of time, as determined in accordance with the "trend test calculation" included in the RBC instructions.
(8) "Property and casualty insurer" means all other insurance companies licensed under chapters 1 or 2 of this title but shall not include mono-line mortgage guaranty insurers, financial guaranty insurers and title insurers.
(9) "RBC instructions" means the RBC report including risk-based capital instructions adopted by the NAIC, as the RBC instructions may be amended by the NAIC in accordance with the procedures adopted by the NAIC.
(10) "RBC level" means an insurer's company action level RBC, regulatory action level RBC, authorized control level RBC, or mandatory control level RBC where:
(i) "Company action level RBC" means, with respect to any insurer, the product of two (2.0) and its authorized control level RBC;
(ii) "Regulatory action level RBC" means the product of one and one-half (1.5) and its authorized control level RBC;
(iii) "Authorized control level RBC" means the number determined under the risk-based capital formula in accordance with the RBC instructions;
(iv) "Mandatory control level RBC" means the product of seven-tenths (.70) and the authorized control level RBC.
(11) "RBC plan" means a comprehensive financial plan containing the elements specified in § 27-4.6-3(b). If the commissioner rejects the RBC plan, and it is revised by the insurer, with or without the commissioner's recommendation, the plan shall be called the "revised RBC plan."
(12) "RBC report" means the report required in § 27-4.6-2.
(13) "Total adjusted capital" means the sum of:
(i) An insurer's statutory capital and surplus; and
(ii) Those other items, if any, as the RBC instructions may provide.
(P.L. 1996, ch. 187, § 2.)