§ 27-4.7-6 Authorized control level event.
(a) "Authorized control level event" means any of the following events:
(1) The filing of an RBC report by the health organization that indicates that the health organization's total adjusted capital is greater than or equal to its mandatory control level RBC but less than its authorized control level RBC;
(2) The notification by the commissioner to the health organization of an adjusted RBC report that indicates the event in subdivision (a)(1) of this section, provided the health organization does not challenge the adjusted RBC report under § 27-4.7-8;
(3) If, pursuant to § 27-4.7-8, the health organization challenges an adjusted RBC report that indicates the event in subdivision (a)(1) of this section, notification by the commissioner to the health organization that the commissioner has, after a hearing, rejected the health organization's challenge;
(4) The failure of the health organization to respond, in a manner satisfactory to the commissioner, to a corrective order (provided the health organization has not challenged the corrective order under § 27-4.7-8); or
(5) If the health organization has challenged a corrective order under § 27-4.7-8 and the commissioner has, after a hearing, rejected the challenge or modified the corrective order, the failure of the health organization to respond, in a manner satisfactory to the commissioner, to the corrective order subsequent to rejection or modification by the commissioner.
(b) In the event of an authorized control level event with respect to a health organization, the commissioner shall:
(1) Take any actions that are required under § 27-4.7-5 regarding a health organization with respect to which a regulatory action level event has occurred; or
(2) If the commissioner deems it to be in the best interests of the policyholders and creditors of the health organization and of the public, take any actions that are necessary to cause the health organization to be placed under regulatory control pursuant to chapters 14.1, 14.2, and 14.3 of this title. In the event the commissioner takes these actions, the authorized control level event shall be deemed sufficient grounds for the commissioner to take action under chapters 14.1, 14.2, and 14.3 of this title, and the commissioner has the rights, powers, and duties with respect to the health organization that are set forth in chapters 14.1, 14.2, and 14.3 of this title. In the event the commissioner takes actions under this subdivision pursuant to an adjusted RBC report, the health organization is entitled to any protections that are afforded to health organizations under the provisions of chapter 35 of title 42 pertaining to summary proceedings.
(P.L. 2000, ch. 178, § 1; P.L. 2000, ch. 200, § 11; P.L. 2000, ch. 229, § 11.)