§ 27-41-9 Required reports.
(a) Every health maintenance organization shall annually, on or before the first day of March, file a report verified by at least two (2) principal officers with the director, with a copy to the director of health, covering the preceding calendar year.
(b) The annual report shall be on forms prescribed by the director in consultation with the director of health and shall include:
(1) A financial statement of the organization, including its balance sheet and receipts and disbursements for the preceding year certified by an independent public accountant;
(2) Any material changes in the information submitted pursuant to § 27-41-3(c);
(3) The number of persons enrolled during the year, the number of enrollees as of the end of the year, and the number of enrollments terminated during the year;
(4) A summary of information compiled pursuant to § 27-41-4(a)(2)(iv) in the form required by the director of health; and
(5) Any other information relating to the performance of the health maintenance organization as is necessary to enable the director to carry out his or her duties under this chapter.
(c) In addition to the reports required in subsection (a), every health maintenance organization shall on a form prescribed by the director report on or before September 30 of each year a filing that shall set forth the amount of uncovered and covered expenses that are payable and are more than ninety (90) days past due. That report shall cover the period January 1 through July 31 of that year. At the time of the filing of the annual report as required in subsection (a), a report shall be filed setting forth the amount of uncovered and covered expenses that are payable and are more than ninety (90) days past due; that report shall cover the preceding period of August 1 through December 31 of that year.
(d) Every health maintenance organization shall also file quarterly statements with the insurance commissioner, due on or before forty-five (45) days after the quarter ending in accordance with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners' guidelines and procedures, and shall be available for inspection by the public.
(e) The insurance commissioner shall also require compliance with chapters 12 and 12.1 of this title.
(P.L. 1983, ch. 225, § 2; P.L. 1986, ch. 198, § 12; P.L. 1994, ch. 404, § 13; P.L. 1996, ch. 188, § 16; P.L. 2002, ch. 292, § 85.)