§ 27-44-11. Rating organizations Permitted activity.
Any rating organization, in addition to other activities not prohibited, is authorized to:
(1) Develop statistical plans including territorial and class definitions;
(2) Collect statistical data from members, subscribers, or any other source;
(3) Prepare, distribute, and file rates and supplementary rate information;
(4) Distribute information that is filed with the director and open to public inspection;
(5) Conduct research and on site inspections in order to prepare classifications of public fire defenses;
(6) Consult with public officials regarding public fire protection as it would affect members, subscribers, and others;
(7) Conduct research and collect statistics in order to discover, identify, and classify information relating to causes or prevention of losses;
(8) Prepare and file policy forms and endorsements and consult with members, subscribers, and others relative to their use and application;
(9) Conduct research and on site inspections for the purpose of providing risk information relating to individual structures;
(10) Collect, compile, and distribute past and current prices of individual insurers if that information is made available to the general public; and
(11) Furnish any other services related to those enumerated in this section.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 635, § 1.)