§ 27-49-2 Definitions.
(a) "Authorized governmental agency" includes:
(1) The office of the attorney general;
(2) The state police;
(3) Any police or fire department of a municipality;
(4) The U.S. Attorney's office for the state of Rhode Island;
(5) Any duly constituted criminal investigative department or agency, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States;
(6) Any solicitor or prosecuting attorney for a municipality;
(7) The director of the insurance division;
(8) The administrator of the division of motor vehicles; and
(9) The office of automobile theft and insurance fraud established by § 31-50-1.
(b) "Insured" means a person, corporation, or other entity for which automobile insurance coverage is provided by an insurer.
(c) "Insurer" means any domestic insurer or foreign insurer, licensed to provide automobile insurance coverage pursuant to the provisions of this title, or otherwise liable for any loss due to motor vehicle theft or motor vehicle insurance fraud.
(d) "Relevant" means having a tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the investigation or determination of the issue more probable or less probable than it would be without the information.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 274, § 1; P.L. 1993, ch. 228, § 1; P.L. 1994, ch. 86, § 5.)