§ 27-74-9 Provider agreements Provider listing requirements.
(a) A discount medical plan organization shall have a written provider agreement with all providers offering medical or ancillary services to its members. The written provider agreement may be entered into directly with the provider or indirectly with a provider network to which the provider belongs.
(b) A provider agreement between a discount medical plan organization and a provider shall provide the following:
(1) A list of the medical or ancillary services and products to be provided at a discount;
(2) The amount or amounts of the discounts or, alternatively, a fee schedule that reflects the provider's discounted rates; and
(3) That the provider will not charge members more than the discounted rates.
(c) A provider agreement between a discount medical plan organization and a provider network shall require that the provider network have written agreements with its providers that:
(1) Contain the provisions described in subsection (b) of this section;
(2) Authorize the provider network to contract with the discount medical plan organization on behalf of the provider; and
(3) Require the provider network to maintain an up-to-date list of its contracted providers and to provide the list on a monthly basis to the discount medical plan organization.
(d) A provider agreement between a discount medical plan organization and an entity that contracts with a provider network shall require that the entity, in its contract with the provider network, require the provider network to have written agreements with its providers that comply with subsection (c) of this section.
(e) The discount medical plan organization shall maintain a copy of each active provider agreement into which it has entered.
(f) Each discount medical plan organization shall maintain on an Internet website page an up-to-date list of the names and addresses of the providers with which it has contracted directly or through a provider network. The Internet website address shall be prominently displayed on all of its advertisements, marketing materials, brochures and discount medical plan cards.
(g) This subsection applies to those providers with which the discount medical plan organization has contracted with directly as well as those providers that are members of a provider network with which the discount medical plan organization has contracted.
(P.L. 2010, ch. 156, § 1; P.L. 2010, ch. 158, § 1.)