§ 27-9.3-6. Procedure for approval of transfers.
(a) An application under this chapter for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights shall be made by the transferee and shall be brought in the superior court for the county in which the payee resides.
(b) Not less than twenty (20) days prior to the scheduled hearing on any application for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights under § 27-9.3-4, the transferee shall file with the court and serve on all interested parties a notice of the proposed transfer and the application for its authorization, including with the notice:
(1) A copy of the transferee's application;
(2) A copy of the transfer agreement;
(3) A copy of the disclosure statement required under § 27-9.3-3;
(4) A listing of each of the payee's dependents, together with each dependent's age;
(5) Notification that any interested party is entitled to support, oppose or respond to the transferee's application, either in person or by counsel, by submitting written comments to the court or responsible administrative authority or by participating in the hearing; and
(6) Notification of the time and place of the hearing and notification of the manner in which and the time by which written responses to the application must be filed (which shall be not less than fifteen (15) days after service of the transferee's notice) in order to be considered by the court or responsible administrative authority.
(P.L. 2001, ch. 226, § 1.)