§ 28-18-2. Definitions.
The following terms as used in this chapter have the following meanings:
(1) "Director" means the director of labor and training.
(2) "Employer" means any person who either directly or through an employee, agent, subcontractor, independent contractor, or any other person delivers, distributes, supplies, or furnishes or causes to be delivered, distributed, supplied, or furnished to another person any materials to be processed in a home, including the home of the employer, and which are subsequently to be returned to him or her or to some person acting on his or her behalf, not for the personal use of himself or herself or of a member of his or her family.
(3) "Home" means any dwelling house, tenement house, rooming house, apartment house, or other residential building or any part of these.
(4) "Industrial homework" means the processing in a home, including the home of the employer in whole or in part, of material furnished by an employer of any article or articles to be returned to the employer.
(5) "Industrial homeworker" means any person who processes in a home, in whole or in part, out of material furnished by an employer for industrial homework any article or articles to be returned to the employer directly or indirectly.
(6) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, firm, trustee, receiver, and assignee for the benefit of creditors or corporations, except charitable organizations.
(7) "Processing" means manufacturing, finishing, repairing, preparing, altering, packing, wrapping, or handling any material.
(P.L. 1936, ch. 2328, § 2; G.L. 1938, ch. 293, § 2; P.L. 1948, ch. 2110, §§ 1, 2; G.L. 1956, § 28-18-2.)