§ 28-20-19 Occupational safety and health review board.
(a) The occupational safety and health review board is established.
(b) The review board shall be composed of seven (7) members appointed by the governor:
(1) One of whom shall be a qualified member of the occupational safety profession;
(2) One shall be a qualified elevator representative;
(3) One shall be a qualified mechanical representative;
(4) One shall be a qualified electrical representative;
(5) One shall be a qualified operating engineer representative, nominated by the director of labor and training;
(6) One shall be a qualified representative of the occupational health profession, nominated by the director of health; and
(7) One shall be a representative of the public who acts as chairperson of the review board.
(c) The term of office of each member of the review board shall be six (6) years.
(d) The review board shall conduct hearings pursuant to chapter 35 of title 42 in all cases involving contests of the decisions of the director, and the commission for occupational safety and health made pursuant to this chapter and chapter 19 of this title.
(e) Five (5) members of the review board shall constitute a quorum, and official action can be taken only on the affirmative vote of at least five (5) members. In the event of a lack of a quorum, the director of labor and training shall have the authority to designate an employee of the department of labor and training to serve on the board for purposes of obtaining a quorum only. That employee shall have no voting privileges.
(f) The review board shall set its own rules established pursuant to the requirements of chapter 35 of title 42.
(g) Clerical and other assistance as may be required by the review board shall be furnished by the director.
(P.L. 1973, ch. 260, § 2; P.L. 1982, ch. 338, § 2; P.L. 2003, ch. 92, § 1; P.L. 2003, ch. 99, § 1.)