§ 28-26-1. Board of examiners of hoisting engineers.
(a) The board of examiners of hoisting engineers shall consist of seven (7) qualified electors of the state appointed by the governor as follows:
(1) One individual with fifteen (15) years practical experience as a fully licensed hoisting engineer;
(2) Two (2) individuals who hold full licenses as hoisting engineers;
(3) One person holding at least the minimum endorsement of pay loader/backhoe licensed operator;
(4) Two (2) individuals, each holding a hoisting engineers license with any regular endorsement; and
(5) The director of the department of labor and training or his or her designee that has a construction background.
(b)(1) Each member shall be appointed for a term of three (3) years.
(2) Any vacancy on the board which occurs for any causes shall be filled by appointment of the governor for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(c) The division of professional regulation shall examine and license hoisting operating engineers of steam, internal combustion engines, electric, and compressed air powered machinery.
(d) The board shall supervise the operations of the division in an advisory capacity in promulgating such policy as may be necessary to improve the operation of the division in its area of expertise. The promulgation of that policy shall be subject to the approval of the director of the department.
(e) The members of the board of examiners of hoisting engineers shall elect a chairperson and secretary annually every February. Vacancies arising in the office of chairperson or secretary between regular appointments shall be cared for in a like manner.
(P.L. 1941, ch. 1068, § 1; P.L. 1942, ch. 1116, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 28-26-1; P.L. 1985, ch. 181, art. 47, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 211, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 61, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 360, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 504, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 506, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 128, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 152, § 1.)