§ 28-39-41. Task force.
(a) There is hereby established a task force on temporary disability insurance fraud and program integrity. The task force shall consist of the following members or their designees:
(1) The director of labor and training or designee;
(2) The secretary of health and human services or designee;
(3) The director of health or designee;
(4) The director of the office of management and budget or designee; and
(5) The attorney general or designee.
The director of labor and training shall chair the task force.
(b) The task force shall coordinate joint efforts to combat fraud and abuse in the temporary disability insurance program. The task force shall:
(1) Foster appropriate use of the program by both claimants and qualified healthcare providers by educating them about the intent of the program, the benefits provided, acceptable use of benefits, and applicable requirements;
(2) Protect the integrity of the temporary disability insurance fund by performing joint investigations into fraudulent activities; and
(3) Employ best practices, as established by other insurance programs both public and private, to ensure program goals and objectives are aimed at providing efficient and effective services to all customers.
(c) Notwithstanding any other law or regulation to the contrary, the task force shall facilitate timely information sharing between and among task force members, including the establishment of protocols by which participating agencies will advise or refer to other agencies matters of potential interest.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 142, art. 3, § 2.)