§ 28-45-10 Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Apprenticeship agreement" means a written agreement complying with 29 CFR 29.7 between an apprentice and either the apprenticeship program sponsor, or an apprenticeship committee acting as agent for the program sponsor(s), which contains the terms and conditions of the employment and training of the apprentice.
(2) "Apprenticeable occupation" which possesses all of the following characteristics:
(i) It is customarily learned in a practical way through a structured, systematic program of on the job supervised learning.
(ii) It is clearly identified and commonly recognized throughout an industry.
(iii) It involves the progressive attainment of manual, mechanical, or technical skills and knowledge, which is in accordance with the industry standard for the occupation, that requires the completion of at least a minimum of two thousand (2,000) hours of on the job learning to attain experience.
(iv) It requires related instruction to supplement the on the job learning.
(3) "Council" means the apprenticeship council as established by § 28-45-2.
(4) "OA" means office of apprenticeship, U.S. department of labor.
(5) "Secretary" means secretary of the U.S. department of
(P.L. 1967, ch. 133, § 1; P.L. 1979, ch. 75, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 164, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 179, § 1.)