§ 28-6.7-2.1 Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Employer" includes the state and all political subdivisions of the state, and any person in this state employing individuals, and any person acting in the interest of an employer directly or indirectly.
(2) "Employment agency" includes any person undertaking with or without compensation to procure opportunities to work, or to procure, recruit, refer, or place employees.
(3) "Genetic information" means information about genes, gene product, or inherited characteristics that may derive from the individual or a family member and includes information concerning whether or not the individual or family member has sought or obtained a genetic test.
(4)(i) "Genetic testing" means the analysis of an individual's DNA, RNA, chromosomes, proteins and certain metabolites in order to detect heritable disease-related genotypes, mutations, phenotypes or karyotypes for clinical purposes. These purposes include:
(A) Predicting risk of disease;
(B) Identifying carriers;
(C) Establishing prenatal and clinical diagnosis or prognosis;
(D) Prenatal newborn and carrier screening; and
(E) Testing in high-risk families.
(ii) Tests for metabolites are covered only when they are undertaken with high probability that an access of deficiency of the metabolite indicates the presence of heritable mutations in single genes.
(iii) "Genetic testing" does not mean routine physical measurement, a routine chemical, blood, or urine analysis or a test for drugs or for infections however, any genetic information, as defined in this section, revealed by such routine tests or examinations is subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) "Licensing agency" means a state agency or political subdivision that issues an occupational license.
(6) "Occupational license" means a license, certificate, registration, permit, or other form of authorization required by law or rule that must be obtained by an individual to engage in a particular business or occupation.
(7) "Person" includes one or more individuals, partnerships, associations, organizations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, or receivers.
(8) "Political subdivision" means a municipality, county, or special district or authority. The term includes a school district.
(9) "State agency" means a department, board, bureau, commission, committee, division, office, council, or agency of state government.
(P.L. 2002, ch. 49, § 3.)