§ 3-13-1 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Agreement" means any contract, agreement, or arrangement, whether expressed or implied, whether oral or written, for a definite or indefinite period between a supplier and a wholesaler pursuant to which a wholesaler has the right to purchase, resell, and distribute any or all brands of malt beverages offered by the supplier. The agreement between a supplier and a wholesaler is not considered a franchise relationship.
(2) "Good cause" means the failure by any party to an agreement, without reasonable excuse and justification, to comply substantially with a reasonable requirement imposed by either party.
(3) "Malt beverage" means the same as defined in chapter 1 of this title.
(4) "Person" means a natural person, partnership, trust, agency, corporation, division of a corporation, or other form of business enterprise. Person also includes heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and guardians.
(5) "Supplier" means any person engaged in business as a brewer, manufacturer, importer, master wholesaler, broker, or agent of malt beverages who enters into an agreement with any wholesaler in this state to distribute any or all of its brands of malt beverages, and any successor-in-interest to that entity with respect to the agreement. The term supplier does not refer to any brewer licensed under § 3-6-1.
(6) "Territory" or "sales territory" means the geographic area of primary sales responsibility designated by an agreement between a wholesaler and supplier for any brand or brands of the supplier.
(7) "This act" means this chapter that has the short title and may be cited as the "Beer Industry Fair Dealing Law".
(8) "Wholesaler" means any person licensed to import, or cause to be imported, into this state, or to purchase, or cause to be purchased, in this state, malt beverages for resale or distribution to retailers licensed in this state, and any successor-in-interest to that entity.
(P.L. 1982, ch. 415, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 512, art. 2, § 45.)