§ 3-13-3 Prior notification of cancellation.
(a) Except as provided in subsection (c), no supplier or wholesaler may cancel, fail to renew, or otherwise terminate an agreement unless the supplier or wholesaler furnishes prior notification in accordance with subsection (b) to the affected party.
(b) The notification required under subsection (a) shall be in writing and sent to the affected party by certified mail, return receipt requested, not less than ninety (90) days before the date on which the agreement will be cancelled, not renewed, or otherwise terminated. The notification shall contain:
(1) A statement of intention to cancel, not renew, or otherwise terminate;
(2) A statement of all reasons, stated with particularity;
(3) The date on which the action shall take effect; and
(4) A statement of the remedy or remedies available to the affected party to cure the specified cause.
(c) A supplier or wholesaler may cancel, fail to renew or otherwise terminate an agreement without furnishing the prior notification required under this section only:
(1) In the event of insolvency, liquidation or bankruptcy of the affected party;
(2) In the event the affected party makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of substantially all of the assets of that party's business; or
(3) In the event of a conviction or plea of guilty or no contest to a charge of violating a law or regulation, or the revocation of a license or permit, relating to business which materially and adversely affects the party's ability to continue in business.
(P.L. 1982, ch. 415, § 1.)