§ 31-10.3-32 Contents and issuance of commercial driver's license.
(a) The commercial driver's license shall be, to the maximum extent practicable, tamper-proof and shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
(1) The full legal name and current legal residential or mailing address of the licensee.
(2) A physical description of the licensee, including sex, height, weight, hair, and eye color.
(3) The licensee's date of birth and any other identifier deemed appropriate by the department.
(4) The class(es) of commercial motor vehicle or vehicles which the licensee is authorized to operate.
(5) Any restrictions which may apply to the license or licensee.
(6) Endorsements under which the licensee is authorized to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
(7) The date of issuance and expiration of the license.
(8) Whether the license is an original or duplicate.
(9) Organ donor information.
(10) Color photograph of the licensee.
(11) The signature of the licensee.
(12) A prominent statement indicating that the license is a "commercial driver's license" which may be abbreviated "CDL".
(13) Any other information deemed appropriate by the administrator.
(b) Before issuing a commercial driver's license, the department shall notify the Commercial Driver's License Information System (C.D.L.I.S.) of the proposed issuance of the license and provide the information required to ensure identification of the licensee. The department shall also request all information pertaining to the driving record of the licensee from any other state or province of Canada which has issued a driver's license to the licensee over the prior ten (10) year period and from the National Driver Register.
(c) Within ten (10) days after issuing a commercial driver's license, the department shall notify the commercial driver's license information system of that fact and provide all information required to ensure identification of the licensee.
(d) The department shall maintain copies of all documents including, but not limited to, the application, commercial driver's license issued, and any other documents pertaining to the licensee.
(P.L. 1990, ch. 176, § 1; P.L. 2002, ch. 322, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 77, § 2; P.L. 2005, ch. 82, § 2.)