§ 31-10.3-33. Notification of traffic violations.
(a) Every clerk of the courts within the state of Rhode Island shall, within ten (10) days after receiving a report of the conviction of any resident or nonresident holder of a commercial driver's license of any violation of state law, federal law, or local ordinance relating to motor vehicle traffic control, other than parking violations, committed in a commercial motor vehicle, notify the division of motor vehicles and the licensing authority of the offender and the offense committed.
(b) This notice shall contain:
(1) The name and residence address of the driver.
(2) The date of birth of the driver.
(3) The social security number and the license number of the driver and the state of issuance.
(4) The violation of which the driver was convicted.
(5) An indication that the person was operating a commercial motor vehicle.
(6) The amount of any jail time, fine, costs, or conditions assessed for the violation.
(7) The name of the court and city or county in which the conviction occurred.
(c) The administrator shall notify the issuing state of any revocation, suspension, cancellation or disqualification of an out-of-state commercial driver's license holder's privilege to operate a commercial motor vehicle for at least sixty (60) days. Notification shall be made no later than ten (10) days after disqualifying, revoking, canceling or suspending the out-of-state commercial driver's license holder's privilege to drive a commercial motor vehicle. Notification shall include the disqualification and the violation which resulted in the disqualification, revocation, suspension or cancellation. This information shall be recorded on the driver's record.
(P.L. 1990, ch. 176, § 1; P.L. 2002, ch. 322, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 297, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 298, § 1.)