§ 31-15-1. Right half of road.
Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing the movement;
(2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair;
(3) Upon a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable to it; or
(4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
(5) Violations of this section are subject to fines enumerated in § 31-41.1-4.
(P.L. 1950, ch. 2595, art. 26, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 31-15-1; P.L. 2002, ch. 292, § 110.)