§ 31-23.3-1. Definitions.
The following words and phrases, for the purposes of this chapter only, have the following meanings:
(1) "Motor vehicle" means any vehicle, except those vehicles defined in § 31-1-8 as vehicles used in farm husbandry, which is registered or required to be registered in the state.
(2) "Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle with motive power designed to carry ten (10) persons or fewer which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.
(3) "Reflectance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in a percentage, which is reflected outward by the product or material to the amount of total light falling on the product or material.
(4) "Sunscreening material" means a product or material, including film, glazing, and perforated sunscreening, which, when applied to the windshield or windows of a motor vehicle, reduces the effects of the sun with respect to light reflectance or transmittance.
(5) "Transmittance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in a percentage, which is allowed to pass through the product or material, including glazing, to the amount of total light falling on the product or material and the glazing.
(6) "Window" means any device designed for exterior viewing from a motor vehicle, except the windshield, any roof-mounted viewing device, and any viewing device having less than one hundred fifty (150) square inches in area.
(7) "Windshield" means the front exterior viewing device of a motor vehicle.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 250, § 1; P.L. 1993, ch. 408, § 1.)