§ 31-38-10 Grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of permit.
The director may deny an application for a permit or suspend or revoke a permit after it has been granted for any of the following reasons:
(1) On proof of unfitness of the applicant to do business as a motor vehicle inspection station;
(2) For any misstatement by the applicant in the application for the permit;
(3) For any failure to comply with the provisions of this section or with any rule or regulation promulgated by the director of the department of revenue;
(4) For defrauding any customer;
(5) For dismantling any vehicle for repair without the authorization of the owner;
(6) For refusal to surrender any vehicle to its owner upon tender of payment of the proper charges for towing andoor work done on the vehicle;
(7) For having indulged in any unconscionable practice relating to the business as a motor vehicle inspection station;
(8) For willful failure to perform work as contracted for;
(9) For failure to comply with the safety standards of the industry;
(10) For failure to properly equip andoor conduct the inspection station;
(11) For failure to pay the required fees as provided in this chapter;
(12) For providing an inspection sticker to a motor vehicle which is equipped with a sunscreening device which does not comply with the provisions of chapter 23.3 of this title.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 14, § 2; P.L. 1993, ch. 250, § 2; P.L. 1993, ch. 408, § 2; P.L. 2008, ch. 98, § 26; P.L. 2008, ch. 145, § 26.)