§ 31-44.2-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of business regulation.
(2) "Mobile and manufactured home" means a detached residential unit designed:
(i) For a long-term occupancy and containing sleeping accommodations, a flush toilet, and a tub or shower bath, and kitchen facilities, having both permanent plumbing and electrical connections for attachment to outside systems;
(ii) To be transported on its own wheels or on a flatbed or other trailer or detachable wheels; and
(iii) To be placed on pads, piers, or tied down, at the site where it is to be occupied as a residence complete and ready for occupancy, except for minor and incidental unpacking and assembly operations and connection to utilities systems.
(3) "Abandoned mobile and manufactured home" means a mobile and manufactured home that is:
(i) Not connected to electricity or not connected to a source of safe potable water supply sufficient for normal residential needs, or both; or
(ii) Not connected to an adequate wastewater disposal system; or
(iii) Unoccupied for a period of at least one hundred twenty (120) days and for which there is clear and convincing evidence that the occupant does not intend to return; or
(iv) So damaged, decayed, dilapidated, unsanitary, unsafe, or vermin infested that it creates a hazard to the health and safety of the occupants or the public.
(4) "Landowner" means the owner of the real property on which an abandoned mobile or manufactured home is located.
(5) "Municipality" means the city or town in which the mobile or manufactured home is located.
(6) "Licensee" means any person or agent licensed under § 31-44-1.7 who is directly or indirectly engaged in the business of maintaining or operating a mobile- and manufactured-home park under the provisions of chapter 44 of title 31.
(P.L. 2014, ch. 255, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 309, § 1.)