§ 31-47.1-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) “Authorized inspection and repair stations (AIRS)” means a facility which has been authorized by the department to conduct motor vehicle emissions inspections and re-inspections.
(2) “Compliance certificate” means a written statement, instrument or device indicating that a motor vehicle complies with the standards and criteria for motor vehicle emissions inspection.
(3) “Department” means the department of revenue.
(4) “Motor vehicle” means every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except vehicles moved exclusively by human power and motorized wheelchairs.
(5) “Motor vehicle emissions inspection” means a test of the emissions of air contaminants from a motor vehicle and any visual and functional checks related to the emission of air contaminants from a motor vehicle conducted pursuant to this chapter.
(6) “Waiver certificate” means a written statement, instrument or device indicating the requirement of compliance with the standards and criteria for motor vehicle emissions inspection for a particular motor vehicle has been waived.
History of Section.
P.L. 1993, ch. 254, § 1; P.L. 1997, ch. 65, § 2; P.L. 2008, ch. 98, § 30; P.L. 2008, ch. 145, § 30.