§ 31-52-5. Vehicles not in funeral procession.
The operator of a vehicle that is not part of a funeral procession may not:
(1) Drive between the vehicles forming a funeral procession while they are in motion except when authorized to do so by law enforcement personnel or when driving an authorized emergency vehicle emitting an audible or visible signal.
(2) Join a funeral procession to secure the right-of-way as granted by this chapter.
(3) Pass a funeral procession on a multiple lane highway on the funeral procession's right side unless the funeral procession is in the farthest left lane.
(4) Enter an intersection, even if the operator is facing a green traffic control signal, when a funeral procession is proceeding through a red traffic control signal at the intersection as permitted under this chapter, unless the operator can do so without crossing the path of the funeral procession. If the red signal changes to green while the funeral procession is within the intersection, the operator of the vehicle facing a green signal may proceed subject to the right-of-way of a vehicle participating in a funeral procession.
(5) Any person who willfully violates this section shall be guilty of a civil violation.
(P.L. 2008, ch. 396, § 2; P.L. 2010, ch. 239, § 34.)