§ 33-9-15. Purposes for which borrowing authorized.
Borrowing may be authorized for any one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To discharge any existing lien or mortgage on the real or personal estate of the decedent;
(2) To pay the debts of the decedent;
(3) To pay the funeral expenses;
(4) To pay the charges of administration;
(5) To pay the estate, inheritance, legacy, or succession taxes;
(6) To pay the expenses of supporting the decedent's family as prescribed by law;
(7) To pay the legacies under the will; and
(8) For any other purpose whatsoever which the court may approve as necessary or desirable for the protection or benefit of the estate.
(G.L., ch 312, § 56, as enacted by P.L. 1921, ch. 2030, § 1; G.L. 1923, ch. 363, § 56; G.L. 1938, ch. 575, § 54; G.L. 1956, § 33-9-15.)