§ 34-41-4.08 Deposits.
Any deposit made in connection with the purchase or reservation in this state of a time share from a person required to deliver a public offering statement pursuant to § 34-41-4.02(c) must be placed in escrow, either in this state or in the state where the time-share project is located, in an account designated solely for that purpose, by a licensed title insurance company, an attorney, a licensed real estate broker, an independent bonded escrow company, or any institution whose accounts are insured until:
(1) Delivered to the developer at the time of any final transfer or conveyance of a time-share interest,
(2) Delivered to the developer because of the purchaser's default under a contract to purchase the time share,
(3) Refunded to the purchaser,
(4) Delivered to the developer in accordance with § 34-41-5.03(c)(5), or
(5) Delivered to the developer of substantially completed units as defined in § 34-41-5.03(a), after the expiration of the time for rescission or any later date specified in the contract to purchase the time share.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 141, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 542, § 86.)