§ 35-12-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings unless the context shall indicate another or different meaning or intent:
(1) "Accounts" means accounts receivable, representing amounts due or owing to the university from contracts with the federal government or other independent entities for research activities undertaken by the university, the obligation for the payment of which accounts has arisen.
(2) "Corporation" means the governmental agency and public instrumentality authorized, created, and established pursuant to § 35-12-4.
(3) "Notes" means the notes, securities, or other obligations or evidences of indebtedness issued by the corporation pursuant to this chapter, all of which shall be issued under the name of or known as obligations of the "university of Rhode Island research corporation".
(4) "State" means the state of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
(5) "University" means the university of Rhode Island.
(P.L. 1982, ch. 324, § 1.)